“On a scale of 1 to 10, you were a 2 as a customer. Yep, a 2.
“Is it because I’m the only one who could have sold you the best car for you? No, but it was very apparent that you skipped some necessary steps to ensure your maximum satisfaction in your car buying and car owning experience.
“I’ll give you a hint: you forgot some fun and excitement in your bid to be a strong negotiator.
“Just know that next time:
- You don’t have to worry aboout the price – we locked that in on the very first email, remember?
- You don’t have to worry about the sales process – I’m the only person you deal with
- You’ll want the full “walkaround” on your new car – a lot’s changed since you last bought one, and you deserve to know the details
- Test drive – listen to the gentle sound of the engine; feel the turns and the ABS brakes; enjoy the new car smell
- Be excited! Bring the kids and make it a family event
“If you drove a car the way you bought one, you would never leave first gear. You would never adjust the seat to fit you perfectly, or experience all the standard features that used to be extra options.
“Do these things, and you will be confident you covered all the bases and got a great deal.
“Thanks for letting me vent, by the way, and for being the only customer who accepted advice from me, the expert, even if it was after the fact. Please excuse me, because I’ll be waking from this dream any moment now…